How can we help you?
You will have ideas about care and support services - services that are good and services that need improving. By co-operating, we can work together to create better services.
Welsh Government is encouraging people who use care and support services to have more say in how they are run and what they offer. It wants more co-operatives to deliver these services.
Care to Co-operate is funded by Welsh Government and delivered by the Wales Co-operative Centre. We provide help to people who want to set-up or run care and support services in a co-operative way. We believe that services are better when the people who require care and support and the people who provide care support, work closely together.
How we work with you and your community
If you have an idea of how care and support services could be run, we can help you and your community develop the idea into a successful service. We also work with organisations already delivering services, to involve the people who use those services, in how they are run.
We will help you…
- Bring people together to discuss ideas and think about ways to work co-operatively
- Think about how to manage the service so that everyone has a say in how it’s run
- Develop the idea and test whether it’ll work in practice
- Provide training on all aspects of running a co-operative service
- Support you with all the legal aspects of setting up the service
Our work with organisations
We work with local authorities, health boards, housing associations and charities to help them include the people who use services, to have a say in how they are run. We also work with organisations to identify co-operatives that can deliver services as set out in the Social Services and Well-being (Wales) Act.
How we will work with your organisation…
- Help to re-design existing services to be more co-operative so that people have a strong voice and control in their services
- Provide guidance on business planning, legal structures and how to govern co-operatives
- Assist partners wanting to commission services and co-operatives
Our online course
Take our course, How to Start a Co-operative, to learn more about care and support co-operatives. If you run a service that you want to be more co-operative, or have an idea for a new service, our online course will help you.